Dog Friendly Homes
Perfect properties for you & your pooch
The New Forest is dog walking heaven. The National Park has very few ‘dogs on leads’ rules except where dogs may disturb nesting birds on coastal marsh areas. Most of the tracks are good underfoot and cycling with dogs is encouraged too.
Whilst many of our houses welcome dogs, we organise dog stays on a by request basis so that our owners know when a dog is staying. This is very important because some houses are in the National Park and other conservation locations, or owners ask for more information about the dogs that may stay.
The National Park, and conservation areas along the coast are home to many special birds and animals. Dogs can cause significant disruption to local and migratory species and it is our duty for our owners to help respect these sensible rules.
On booking, you’ll be asked for information about your dog. If for any reason we think it is not a good idea for you to bring your dog and you want a refund, we will honour this, no questions asked.
Guide dogs are exempt from these rules and are welcome.
In all our houses we charge £20 per dog per stay and for that you get:
- Dog bowls
- An area that dogs are expected to sleep in (none allow dogs on furniture or in bedroom areas please)
- Pretty well enclosed gardens – unless stated. We don’t like to say enclosed per se, in case Fido is also known as Houdini…
Here is a heads up from our dog blog:
- Great dog walks – the Insiders Guide
- The Forest in fall – best walks and views.
- Giant hunting – giant trees to find.