What makes this place special...
Highlights staying at this house and in the local area...
All the essential details.
Here's your full run down of this place, inside and out...
- In this kitchen of dreams, even the most novice of cooks will be inspired to whip up something delicious... and tucked just around the corner, there is the perfect dining 'nook' for candlelit suppers, card games, and midnight conversations.
Over in the main living room R&R takes centre stage, and the sofa by the French doors provides just the spot to catnap or take morning coffee. Whilst the fireplace here beckons you to curl-up and binge a box set; there's also the dark & stormy snug/movie room next door… but beware as you will succumb to the sinkable sofas!
Past the office area, and up to bagsy one of the four bedrooms, the effortlessly cool aesthetic continues. Amongst the plush velvets and contrasting colours, the Japanese themed pink & green master may well 'still your beating heart' with its show-stopping palette & whopper of an en-suite!
Up in the eves, there’s a treat for those wanting privacy, as the double bed (and en-suite shower room) are nestled into the beams.
We love the organic flow here, and how leafy, light-filled scenes bringing the outside in at every turn... even the downstairs loo and utility room are utterly instagrammable! The contemporary use of colour & art throughout Pond House bring 21st century cool to forefront; and Farrow & Ball palettes marry with ancient beams & original features to perfection.
There is soooo much to swoon over here, so make room in your camera roll... and get ready to stay somewhere rather special
Master bedroom King bed with ensuite. Feather bedding. Bedroom 2 Double bed with feather bedding. Bedroom 3 Double bed with feather bedding. Bedroom 4 - 3rd Floor Double bed with feather bedding.
Family Bathroom Shower, sink and wc. Ensuite bathroom Shower, Bath, Double sink and wc. Bathroom 3 Shower, sink and wc. Ground floor WC Sink and wc.
All the rest...
Kitchen Electric fan oven / Larder / Large Fridge-freezer / Dualit toaster / Kettle / KitchenAid Blender / 2 x Dishwashers / Washing machine / Tumble dryer. Connectivity WiFi connection can be slow but reliable. Kids' Stuff : A travel cot dimensions - TBC, high chair and children's crockery & cutlery are available + there is a fab array of books and games on offer. Pets Dogs are welcome in the downstairs area here - with a small charge per dog, per stay. Garden is well fenced but houdinis may escape.
- You'll find the beautiful and ivy-clad Pond House in a private lane just opposite from Sowley Pond.
With a small mature garden at the front, the grounds around the back are divided into two rustic and rather gorgeous areas for you to roam. Behind the blackened barn (not open for use at present), there's the perfect turf for a football match or game or croquet, whilst in front of the kitchen & living room, the field-filled views stretch to The Solent and Isle of Wight... breath-taking!
Quiet, tranquil and utterly idyllic, the mature and rustic garden here will make you feel a million miles away. With two tables to choose from - grab a blanket for a sundowner under the wide skies and listen to the sounds of nature.
Garden Garden dining table & chairs / Football Goal / Swing. Parking The gated driveway has room for 4-5 cars
- There are no spindles on a section of the staircase leading to the first first floor (please refer to the virtual tour)
- The fourth bedroom (on the 3rd floor) is in the eaves and, due to the restricted height & beams, you will need to take care as you walk through the narrow passage way & move around.
- Please also note that the AGA is not available to use, and there is no BBQ at Pond house; but guests will be able to use the hobs & electric fan oven.
- There is an extra charge for logs and kindling to burn on the fire (October- March) but feel free to BYO!
- There is a small, covered well (located outside the kitchen/living room) in the garden. For safety reasons, please ensure that children completely avoid touching and standing on this.
- There is an additional fridge located in the black barn (on the driveway) that is available for your use.
- There is a small step to enter Pond House and, due to the heritage of this listed building, the quirky layout includes some narrow hallways upstairs- where all of the bedroom are located.
Included in your booking cost are: all bedding and linen, towels for the house, kitchen essentials, any baby kit you've requested and cleaning the house after you leave. We also supply some treats to get you going for tea when you arrive. Enjoy!
Arrival & Departure
Arrive from: 4pm Depart before: 10am
A 50% deposit is required to confirm your booking, with the remaining balance due 45 days before your stay. A security deposit is also due before you arrive for this house of £350
Location, location, location...
Cocooned in your very own countryside retreat, you have acres of alfresco fun on your doorstep. Wander through Sowley Marsh... birdwatching as you go...
There are too many walks to list, but the Norleywood to Sowley Pond Hike is your nearest. If you fancy a bike ride to work up a thirst, The Turfcutters is just over 3.5 miles away (near a very sweet children's park too), or for a more gentil jaunt, The East End Arms is only 1.6 miles away.
Pop to Bucklers Hard Maritime Museum to learn about boat building back in the day, or head to Lymington to spot the newest Sunseekers. If you can't decide where to head to first, then head to the Royal Southampton Yacht Club for a G&T whilst you make up your mind... adventures await in every direction!Insider's Guide >>
Guests that have stayed here say...
Psst...find more real reviews on upfront reviews
Thank you for an amazing half term in Pond House, it's been wonderful! We've had such a lovely time in this really great house, thank you so much! We made so many fun memories. I will always remember our stay.The Homes family February 2023
What a wonderful way to embrace the nature in your splendid home. Thank you very much. The walk to the beach was very peaceful and then to get blown away was invigorating! The East End pub was friendly and very local, loved it.The Warner family January 2023
From it's top notch interior design, to its tranquil and private location, everything about Pond House feels VIP. After a day exploring the coast and countryside that surrounds, I can't think of anywhere more inviting to hunker down and relax... just wow!Emily - NFE 2022
Pond House is an absolute gem in the New Forest Escapes collection, and is exquisitely unique in so many ways.Sarah - NFE 2022